Recipe by Juliansmommy!
A baked pasta dish that will leave you craving more. Its cheesy thick and delicious. Sometimes I use light or fat free ricotta and cottage cheese then sub butter milk for the cream to make it less rich.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 8 ounces manicotti
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (can use light)
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese (can use light)
- 1 cup parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic salt (and more to taste)
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Chop garlic very fine.
- Cook chicken and garlic with olive oil and garlic salt. When done set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Boil water and cook manicotti according to box directions.
- Mix ricotta,cottage cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan mix and salt to taste.
- Add cooked chicken.
- Take manicotti pasta and stuff with mixture.
- Set in non-stick bake pan in rows (it should fill bottom of pan).
- If there is any stuffing left over, layer it on top.
- Pour heavy cream over until all is covered (do not have to use all of it). Then top with cheese and remaining parmesan mix cheese and bake for 25 minutes then raise heat to 375°F for 8-15 more minutes depending on how brown and bubbly you like the top.
- Enjoy with garlic bread, salad or your favorite side items.