Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
No pantry was complete without a supply of cream of chicken soup on hand for recipes such as this. For a generation of women just beginning to flood into the workplace, these quick fix recipes paved the way for Hamburger Helper and other "meal-in-a-box" solutions.
- 4 pork chops
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking rice
- 297.66 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml milk
- Mix and flour pork chops, and brown in skillet.
- Place in 9 X 13 dish, cover with 1 cup quick cooking rice.
- Mix 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup with 1 cup milk, and pour over the chops and rice, being careful to cover rice with liquid.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hour. Soup will be absorbed into the chops and rice.
My husband and 2 year old daughter absolutely love this recipe. As of late, it has been difficult to get my daughter to eat many foods too! The meat came out tender with a wonderful flavor from the cream of chicken soup and spices applied to the pork chops. I did not coat pork with four, simply because of a lack of it. I also added 2 8oz cans of diced tomatoes over the pork before adding