Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light. To keep nutritional info to their standards they say to discard the skin, but I would serve it with the skin. They recommend for the prettiest presentation to remove the chicken from the bones after cooking and slice thinly across the grain.
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml vertically sliced onion
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large ziplock bag; seal. Marinate at least 4 or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken, skin side up, in an 11x7 baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 20 minute
- Uncover and bake 40 more minutes or til done.
This recipe is not a wow recipe. It is simple, easy to prepare and healthy. I highly recommend serving with a side dish that has a high flavor content. I made the marinade and threw in the freezer as a dump recipe. After thawing overnight I completed the recipe as directed. I may make again simply because it is so easy.
I'm sorry - but we really didn't like this recipe. I let it marinate about 8 hours, but it was incredibly bland. The only taste we picked up on was a bit of wine. I won't be making this again.