Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a healthy and easy recipe. Serve the contents of the packets over steamed rice.
Make and share this Chicken Baked in Parchment recipe from Food.com.
- parchment paper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup carrot, cut in matchstick size strips
- 1 cup zucchini, matchstrick size strips
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut parchment paper into four 10-inch squares.
- place 1 chicken breast in center of each piece of parchment; arrange carrots, zucchini, peas and bell pepper around chicken.
- Combine 1/2 C.
- chicken broth and flour in a small saucepan; stir in garlic, thyme, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 1 minute.
- Spoon broth mixture evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Fold each parchment square in half diagonally, enclosing chicken and vegetables to form a triangle.
- Fold edges over twice to seal.
- Place parchment packets into 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until parchment is browned and puffed.
The fact that this recipe is very low in fat, and is very easy to make, is just a bonus - it tastes great. The sauce is very flavorful. I was confused about the amount of broth to add, though. 2 1/4 cups is listed in the ingredients, but the text only mentions 1/2 cup of it. I used about 1 to 1 1/2 cups total to make a nice gravy, but when I opened the packets to serve, the broth was pretty runny. I think I will use less and make the gravy thicker next time. We still enjoyed it very much, and will definitely do this again.