Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a healthy and easy recipe. Serve the contents of the packets over steamed rice.
Top Review by PanNan
The fact that this recipe is very low in fat, and is very easy to make, is just a bonus - it tastes great. The sauce is very flavorful. I was confused about the amount of broth to add, though. 2 1/4 cups is listed in the ingredients, but the text only mentions 1/2 cup of it. I used about 1 to 1 1/2 cups total to make a nice gravy, but when I opened the packets to serve, the broth was pretty runny. I think I will use less and make the gravy thicker next time. We still enjoyed it very much, and will definitely do this again.
- parchment paper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup carrot, cut in matchstick size strips
- 1 cup zucchini, matchstrick size strips
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut parchment paper into four 10-inch squares.
- place 1 chicken breast in center of each piece of parchment; arrange carrots, zucchini, peas and bell pepper around chicken.
- Combine 1/2 C.
- chicken broth and flour in a small saucepan; stir in garlic, thyme, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 1 minute.
- Spoon broth mixture evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Fold each parchment square in half diagonally, enclosing chicken and vegetables to form a triangle.
- Fold edges over twice to seal.
- Place parchment packets into 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until parchment is browned and puffed.