Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
I'm saving this here, it sounds wonderful! Baking in foil keeps things so moist. I used to do it all the time and just got out of the habit, I guess. I'm going to try this one soon. Serve with basmati rice. From Cooking Light. UPDATE: I ran out of foil! So I can tell you that this works fine done in a covered baking dish, too! :)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut green onion
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro (chopped) (optional)
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine first four ingredients and whisk in medium bowl.
- Place chicken breasts between heavy duty plastic wrap and pound to even thickness, sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Fold 4 (16X12 inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open foil: layer 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/4 cup squash, 1/4 cup bell pepper, 2 tablespoons green onion and 1 chicken breast half on each foil sheet. Spoon 3 tablespoons coconut milk mixture over each seving. Fold foil over chicken and vegetables; tightly seal edges.
- Place packets on baking sheet, bake 22 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place on plates and carefully unfold. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cilantro, if desired. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately over rice.
I made this in the covered baking dish and it cooked up fine. I didn't have curry paste, so used 1/2 T sweet curry (we don't do hot). Also didn't have the pepper. The flavor was good, however the sauce came out pretty runny. I think I wouldn't use the chicken broth and would try different veggies, only bcz my kids hate zucchini and still wouldn't eat it. Made for Asian Unrated Tag 7-09.
i just used coconut milk with boullion cube dissolved in it as my chicken has enough water i cooked in casserole all together is nice dish used up my squash in a different way served with hokies potatoes zaar world tour 8