I was looking to use some my kitchen staples for a easy mid-week dinner that would come together quickly, but still made the family happy. What I found was a good "Company's Coming for Dinner" recipe to serve any day of the week! It can be made either low fat or low carb by using either lite or nonfat sour cream and mayo, or not.The flavors really come together nicely whichever way you choose!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts (each of the 4 halves sliced into two strips)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze to drain
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix or 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced or 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add oil to a large fry pan and turn the heat up to med-high. Brown each chicken strip until each side is lightly golden brown. Remove chicken and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish; set aside.
- 2In a 2 qt mixing bowl mix the next 5 ingredients until smooth. Spoon this cream sauce over the top of the previously browned chicken in the baking dish and smooth it out and then lightly sprinkle the parmesan over the top of the cream sauce (optional).
- 3Place the baking dish in a preheated 350 degree for 20-30 minutes until heated through. Serve over pasta or egg noodles or with mashed potatoes on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Baked in a Spinach Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 553.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: