Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Australian Good Taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 g chicken drumsticks (6 small)
- 1 1⁄4 kg chicken thighs, cutlets (6)
- 1 kg small potato, halved
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 95 g kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 125 ml dry white wine
- flaked sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a 3L (12-cup capacity) flameproof, ovenproof baking dish over medium heat. Add the chicken drumsticks and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the chicken thigh cutlets.
- Add the potato to the dish and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Add the chicken to the potato in the dish and top with tomato, olives and garlic. Sprinkle with rosemary. Pour over the wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and potato is tender. Serve immediately.
Made this on Sunday night for dinner - and it was a perfect Sunday meal. Really simple and quick to throw together, I loved how the potatoes and chicken are baked together. The chicken had a beautiful tender texture and the rosemary, wine and olives gave this a lovely flavour. Like the previous reviewer said this made the kitchen smell wonderful. Proves you can never go wrong with a Jewelies dish. Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap - July 2009.
Robust and classic mediterranean style chicken. I subbed roasted tomatoes for fresh tomatoes and red for white wine because that is what I had on hand. Went together quickly and the smell while baking was amazing.