Recipe by Wendy13
This is one of my mom's recipes. My kids really like it. You can asemble ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you get home from work.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna according to the directions on the box.
- Blend cottage cheese and American cheese.
- For the sauce, cook onion and green pepper in butter.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup, milk, mushrooms, pimento, basil and chicken.
- Lightly grease 9x13 pan.
- Line pan with noodles.
- Use 1/2 of the chicken mixture for the next layer then all of the cheese mixture and end with the rest of the chicken mixture.
- Top with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.