Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe from a Jiffy Mix recipe booklet
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup jiffy pancake mix
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan or 3 quart casserole dish.
- In saucepan combine carrots, onion, celery and chicken broth, simmer 20 minutes.
- In prepared pan mix soup, sour cream, chicken, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Add the simmered vegetables mixing well.
- For topping combine Pancake mix, eggs, milk and peppers mixing well.
- Add 1 cup cheese blending well.
- Drop by round tablespoon on top of casserole.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and return to oven till melted.