Montana Heart Song's Note:
The bacon is slow cooked with the vegetables and the chicken is cubed with chicken broth and orzo is added. It takes only five minutes for that last step until serving. If you serve rice, precook and then add to recipe with the chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 slices hickory smoked thick sliced lean bacon, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 6 baby carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, washed, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1In large frying pan with lid, add olive oil, bacon, chicken and all of the cut and diced vegetables.
- 2Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- 3Put the lid on and cook on low heat, uncover every 10 minutes and stir around with the spatula. You want the bacon to remain soft but cooked.
- 4Add the McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning.
- 5Heat the chicken broth in a large glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- 6Add pasta and broth.
- 7Stir. Put the lid on.
- 8Cook on medium heat about five minutes.
- 9Stir and Serve.
- 10Note: I use Sysco Chicken Base & add water for my chicken broth each time a recipe calls for it. One small 16 oz. container will make 5 gallons of broth for very little cost.
- 11The McCormick Salad Seasoning is made specifically for pasta salads and has great spices and dried cheeses in it.
- 12I serve my High Rise Biscuits and Breadsticks with this dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Bacon With Vegetables and Orzo/Rice
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 503.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning