Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
The bacon is slow cooked with the vegetables and the chicken is cubed with chicken broth and orzo is added. It takes only five minutes for that last step until serving. If you serve rice, precook and then add to recipe with the chicken broth.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 slices hickory smoked thick sliced lean bacon, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 6 baby carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, washed, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- In large frying pan with lid, add olive oil, bacon, chicken and all of the cut and diced vegetables.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Put the lid on and cook on low heat, uncover every 10 minutes and stir around with the spatula. You want the bacon to remain soft but cooked.
- Add the McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning.
- Heat the chicken broth in a large glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- Add pasta and broth.
- Stir. Put the lid on.
- Cook on medium heat about five minutes.
- Stir and Serve.
- Note: I use Sysco Chicken Base & add water for my chicken broth each time a recipe calls for it. One small 16 oz. container will make 5 gallons of broth for very little cost.
- The McCormick Salad Seasoning is made specifically for pasta salads and has great spices and dried cheeses in it.
- I serve my High Rise Biscuits and Breadsticks with this dish.