Recipe by Jogreen
My boyfriend "threw this together" one weekend for lunch. It's super easy to prepare, and even easier to eat!!!! He is SOOO proud of himself, and everyone that has tried it, has loved it!
- 200 g penne pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces
- 6 slices bacon, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh spinach (optional)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta, drain and set aside.
- Pan fry the chicken and bacon in a little olive oil until cooked and set aside.
- Saute the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes and heat through.
- Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Return the Chicken and Bacon to the pan and heat through.
- Add the cream and bring it all to a simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir through until melted.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce and heat.
- Add the spinach and then turn the heat off so it wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper.