Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Someone brought this to a holiday party and everyone loved it, including me. She gave out the recipe and this is it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use 2 quart bowl, mix all ingredients well except for egg white and crescent rolls; stir by hand.
- Roll out crescent rolls onto cookie baking sheet; do not separate.
- Seal seams.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut crescents into strips (starting on longest sides of cookie sheet, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long).
- Spread chicken mixture down the center of the crescents.
- Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across the top of the filling.
- Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid.
- Fold the bottom edges of the dough up at the ends of braid.
- Brush top of dough with a lightly beaten egg white, if desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown; cover with foil when baking or crust becomes too brown.
- (Note: You can use 2 cans of the larger big and flaky crescent rolls (6 sections instead of eight) and make 2 smaller braids instead of one large braid (one can per braid) and it works fine. You use 1/2 of the chicken mixture for each braid).
I did take the tip & used 2 cans of the "larger big and flaky crescent rolls" more than anything else because I wanted one braid to use for practice! Worked well that way, I did get one very nice braid & another one that was OK, though just as wonderfully tasty! Definitely a recipe I want to keep around! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]