Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this at lifeasmom.com
- 1 loaf French bread, large, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup garlic butter
- 2 cups chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked crisp, chopped
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese or 5 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- Place French loaf on large sheet of aluminum foil. Spread garlic butter on bottom half of bread. Spread shredded chicken across garlic butter. Sprinkle with bacon. Layer cheese over top.
- Place top half of bread over cheese. Wrap in foil.
- If serving right away, bake in 350 oven for about 25 minutes.
- If preparing to serve later, freeze. On serving day, bake for 50-70 minutes if frozen. If thawed, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Very tasty. I used pepper jack cheese, and my husband added whipped dressing to his sandwich. I will definitely make these again. Next time, I'd like to try freezing them as suggested.
This is very good. I didn't have bacon, so I omitted that, and I just spread butter on both sides and lots of minced garlic into the bread. I used chicken strips since that's what I had and lots of mozzarella. Great to prepare easily and heat up for another day when you need a quick meal. I will make this a lot as part of my OAMC routine. Next time I will be sure to spray the foil with cooking spray as somehow the cheese mixture was sticking to the foil and I had to peel of little bits of it that stuck to the bread. This is so simple and so good, everyone loved it!