Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A new twist on kebabs. I got this from allrecipes.com
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 large mushrooms, halved
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture and stir to coat. Cover and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Wrap chicken chunks with bacon and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushrooms and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15-20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
A little messy in the assembly department, but good flavor. I will throw a clove of garlic into the marinade next time. Personal preferance. We love garlic around here. Also, I had a tiny problem threading the mushrooms. Maybe they would stay on better if my scewers weren't flat. :)