1/1 Photo of Chicken bacon rolls in creamy basil sauce
L DJ's Note:
Tender chicken breasts rolled with bacon and swiss cheese, covered in a tantilizing creamy basil sauce. Easy enough for family, elegant enough for company. I serve this with thin noodles,or small boiled new red potatoes peeled around the middle. And steamed spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices emmenthaler cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced, pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1FOR CHICKEN---------------------.
- 2Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat pounder, pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Place 1 cheese slice and bacon slice on top of each breast half.
- 4Fold the sides in toward the center and then, begin at the bottom end,rollup tightly.
- 5Secure with toothpicks.
- 6Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
- 7Add oil to frying pan heat over medium-high heat, While the oil is heating, Put milk and flour in separate shallow bowls.
- 8dip chicken rolls in milk.
- 9then coat them in the flour, coating lightly and evenly.
- 10Add the chicken to the pan and brown lightly on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- 11save pan drippings and pan for sauce.
- 12Using a slotted spatula, transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- 13Place in the center of the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 375' Bake until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- 14Let stand for a few minutes, remove the toothpicks.
- 15FOR SAUCE--------------.
- 16While the chicken is baking, in same frying pan you browned chicken in, add broth bring to a boil over med heat, lossening browned bits from pan.
- 17Stir in cream and pimientos bring to a boil over med.
- 18heat stirring for 1 minute.
- 19Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, basil.
- 20Salt and pepper to taste.
- 21cook stirring til heated through.
- 22Pour over chicken serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken bacon rolls in creamy basil sauce
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.6
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 529.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: