Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tender chicken breasts rolled with bacon and swiss cheese, covered in a tantilizing creamy basil sauce. Easy enough for family, elegant enough for company. I serve this with thin noodles,or small boiled new red potatoes peeled around the middle. And steamed spinach.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices emmenthaler cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced, pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- FOR CHICKEN---------------------.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat pounder, pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- Place 1 cheese slice and bacon slice on top of each breast half.
- Fold the sides in toward the center and then, begin at the bottom end,rollup tightly.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add oil to frying pan heat over medium-high heat, While the oil is heating, Put milk and flour in separate shallow bowls.
- dip chicken rolls in milk.
- then coat them in the flour, coating lightly and evenly.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown lightly on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- save pan drippings and pan for sauce.
- Using a slotted spatula, transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- Place in the center of the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 375' Bake until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- Let stand for a few minutes, remove the toothpicks.
- FOR SAUCE--------------.
- While the chicken is baking, in same frying pan you browned chicken in, add broth bring to a boil over med heat, lossening browned bits from pan.
- Stir in cream and pimientos bring to a boil over med.
- heat stirring for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, add parmesan cheese, basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- cook stirring til heated through.
- Pour over chicken serve.
This recipe is very good!! Looking through recipes I came across this one and suggested it to my son who is turning 10 for his birthday dinner. I served to 14 people and everyone loved it even my son. I did double the sauce recipe and served it on Linguine.