Pasta BLT! You could probably use an Italian dressing mix in place of the ranch. I use Shirataki Tofu noodles to keep the dish lower-cal.
- 4 ounces pasta, any shape or 2 (8 ounce) packages tofu shirataki noodles
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices lean turkey bacon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix, divided
- 15 -20 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- Cook pasta or prepare tofu noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken and bacon. Cook, stirring until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove to a plate.
- Add spinach, broth, and 1 tsp ranch to skillet. Stir and cook until liquid is absorbed, and spinach is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add chicken, bacon, noodles, tomatoes, and remaining ranch seasoning to skillet, stirring and mixing until heated through.
- Toss with parmesan and serve hot.
An excellent, quick and healthy meal! We really enjoyed this one. We did use the full packet of ranch dressing mix instead of trying to portion out two teaspoons and were pleased with the result - it seemed like two teaspoons might not have added enough ranch flavor. We also used whole wheat angel hair pasta instead of tofu noodles. Thanks for a great idea, we'll plan to use this one again for sure.