Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in an old cookbook from the 1960's except I changed a few of the ingredients. My husband loves it!
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Remove one of the pie crusts from the pan and place on wax paper until soft.
- Cook chicken and cut into pieces.
- Heat butter and fry bacon in butter.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add milk and chicken stock. Cook until thickened.
- Add chicken and bacon to mix.
- Put into pie crust and cover with the other pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I added diced cooked potatoes...YUM!
This was very good. I cooked the bacon separately. Then melted the butter and sauted some onions then added the flour and the milk (used 2% to help cut some of the calories)I thought that 1 tsp of chicken stock was not correct so used 2 tsp of chicken granulas which worked out well. When I added it to the pie pan it seemed really dry, so while it cooked I made another serving of the sauce (we love sauce) I'll make this one again and probably add some carrots and peas to it and make my own crust. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011
Very good recipe and easy to make. My family loved it.