Recipe by Troop Angel
My hubby found this in a copy of Southern Living at work. These are super easy and great tasting little appetizers. If you want, you can use reduced-sodium bacon and lite soy sauce to cut back on the sodium. I don't think they need any dipping sauce as the marinade provides a tangy/sour/sweet flavor. Cooking time includes marinade time.
Top Review by jaynine
I made these for a New Years Eve party, and they disappeared in no time. I left off the bacon and marinated the chicken in the rest of the ingredients all day. I was planning on wrapping the bacon right before cooking, but got lazy and just left it off - they were delicious as is. The bacon would probably add another layer of deliciousness, and I'll make them again and not be so lazy.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 bacon, slices cut into thirds
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- wooden toothpick
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into 24 1-inch cubes.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Stir together orange marmalade, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger and minced garlic in a shallow dish or large zip-top freezer bag; add chicken nuggets.
- Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Coat a rack and broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken nuggets on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes; turn nuggets and bake 10 more minutes.