- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut in half
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 green pepper, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut in 2 inch pieces
- wooden skewer, soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, scallions and canola oil. Take 1/4 cup of marinade (to be used for basting) and set aside.
- Place chicken into the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour. Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate chicken with mushrooms, peppers and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the heated grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.