Abby Girl's Note:
Considering this is lower in fat, it is absolutely delicious. I love soups in the fall/winter and I made this one often. I serve this with a salad and fresh buns for a nice light supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 19 ounces diced tomatoes, well drained
- 14 ounces cream-style corn
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce (hickory flavoured)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Cook chopped bacon in a large soup pot over medium high heat until lightly browned but not crisp. Stir in onions, celery, red pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetable begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add thyme and flour. Mix well. Stir in broth and evaporated milk. Bring mixture to a gentle boil and sir continuously until soup thickens slightly.
- 3Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Note: I go to my butcher and have him cut 4 thick slices of bacon. Their bacon is superior in taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Bacon Corn Chowder (Weight Watcher - 7 Pts.)
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 451.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g