Recipe by *Chef Esther*
I made this up using ingredients I had on hand. A great way to use up all of the random stuff that's on hand when you haven't had a chance to go shopping.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 cups partially cooked pasta
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fry bacon crispy, set aside and crumble.
- Saute chicken until browned on each side and cooked half way. Cup in 1 inch pieces.
- Cook pasta half way.
- Microwave broccoli for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix sour cream, water, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and cream soup in a mixing bowl.
- Saute onions in the bacon drippings until translucent.
- Add broccoli and chicken for 2-3 minutes to the onions.
- Mix chicken, onion and broccoli mixture with the sauce in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add pasta and 3/4 of shredded cheese, mix well.
- Cover and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- While casserole is cooking, mix breadcrumbs, melted butter and the rest of the cheese with a fork in a small bowl.
- After 25 minutes uncover and add the breadcrumb topping mix.
- Bake for and additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.