*Chef Esther*'s Note:
I made this up using ingredients I had on hand. A great way to use up all of the random stuff that's on hand when you haven't had a chance to go shopping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 cups partially cooked pasta
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, Melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Fry bacon crispy, set aside and crumble.
- 3Saute chicken until browned on each side and cooked half way. Cup in 1 inch pieces.
- 4Cook pasta half way.
- 5Microwave broccoli for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 1 minute.
- 6Mix sour cream, water, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and cream soup in a mixing bowl.
- 7Saute onions in the bacon drippings until translucent.
- 8Add broccoli and chicken for 2-3 minutes to the onions.
- 9Mix chicken, onion and broccoli mixture with the sauce in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 10Add pasta and 3/4 of shredded cheese, mix well.
- 11Cover and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- 12While casserole is cooking, mix breadcrumbs, melted butter and the rest of the cheese with a fork in a small bowl.
- 13After 25 minutes uncover and add the breadcrumb topping mix.
- 14Bake for and additional 5-10 minutes.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Bacon Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 1015.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 18.0 g