Recipe by lets.eat
Don't like Rumaki, made with chicken livers? This appetizer still has the bacon and water chestnuts-though minus the chicken liver-chicken cubes instead, in a delicious orange marmalade, soy sauce glaze-YUMMY. To save time marinate the wrapped chicken earlier in the day, then broil when ready to serve! The cook time is the marinade time.
- 12 bacon, strips halved
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon on a broiler rack. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or just until PARTIALLY cooked; cool.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a chicken cube and water chestnut slice; secure with a wooden toothpick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the marmalade, soy sauce, garlic and the ginger. Add the wrapped chicken; carefully turn to coat. Don't puncture the bag!.
- Seal and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Broil chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and bacon is crisp. Serve warm.