Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband think's he has died and gone to heaven with all the tasty morsels I have been serving up during this contest. I think this salad is a perfect combination of sweet and savoury with an appealing crunch! Quick easy and impressive.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 slices bacon
- 300 g Baby Spinach, washed (pat dry)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup crisp fried Chinese noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Brush the chicken breasts with a little oil and cook in a hot pan for 5 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through, without overcooking
- Remove the chicken and set aside
- Cook the bacon until crisp in the same pan
- slice the chicken into thin strips and roughly chop the bacon
- Toss together the chicken, bacon, spinach, sprouts, red pepper, raisins, cashews, red onion and noodles
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan and warm gently to dissolve honey
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve
I can't believe how much my husband liked this salad, especially when it was our only dish last night! We substituted olive oil, real bacon bits, craisins, and slivered almonds; omitted bean sprouts. The dressing gave a nice flavor to the salad but was almost nonexistent. I will double the dressing ingredients next time. I will be using this recipe again!
My husband and I really enjoyed this salad. I left out the bean sprouts (because the store didn't have any) and the raisins. I think that craisins would be good in the place of raisins if you aren't a raisin fan. I used extra garlic in the dressing because we love garlic. We will definately have this again!!
I prepared this for lunch today & it was a good choice. I would say the suggested 6 serving size is for very small side salads. I found it made 2 very generous meal size salads. The salad is very filling & the ingredients were a creative blend. I especially liked adding the crunch of the cashews & chinese noodles. I do think the dressing amount needs to be increased or doubled to cover all of the salad. I left the table & prepared more. It seemed the chinese noodles were absorbing it faster than I could dress the salad. Other than that, I was very happy with this selection. The combo of ingredients works well together. Thanks chef!!