Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice comfort food, serve with a green vege, salad and nice warm garlic bread slices. I was needing something for dinner but didn't have a recipe that sounded good, so looked in cabinet and just made this up. Husband thought it was so good. The rice does form like a crust so you get that crisp edge and yet the soft very favorfull tender rice that is not around the edge. The bacon adds a great flavor, who doesn't like bacon.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked (Jasmine is my favorite)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- Cut chicken breast into 2 pieces and wrap a piece of bacon around each. Fry in small amount of olive oil to crisp bacon, set aside while you saute rest of ingredants.
- Saute onion, garlic till tender, add mushrooms and butter, saute till almost cooked.
- Add rice and cook while stirring till browned.
- Mix soup, broth, seasonings to equal 2 cups. Pour into pan and bring to simmer.
- Place chicken back on top of rice mixture, Cover and place in oven at 350 degrees for about 45-60 minutes.
SUPER! Oh my lord. Really easy, really cost-effective, filling, tasty...the rice is to DIE for. I will definately be making this again, thanks for posting!
Very good for weeknight meal, simple enough for busy times and much better than something "out of a box". I did make it with extra rice and increased the chicken broth to accommodate our big eaters. It's on our list of family favorites. I served it with simple spinach & tomato salad. Thank you!
This recipe has a very nice flavor without too much work. However, after making it as listed, in the future I would use maybe even 4 cups of rice, and a tad bit olive oil.