Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Casserole
- Toss 8 small free-range chicken legs in 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour until coated.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning until golden. Place in a 3.5-litre crockpot.
- Add 200g bacon rashers, rind removed and cut into 2cm cubes, 500g button mushrooms, halved, 1 onion, chopped, and 2 garlic cloves, crushed, to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add to the crockpot with 800g can diced tomatoes and 140g container tomato paste.
- Cook, covered, on Low for 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and scattered with chopped continental parsley.