Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A slow cooked chicken casserole
- 8 chicken legs
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g bacon, rashers rind removed and cut into 2cm cubes
- 500 g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800 g diced tomatoes
- 140 g tomato paste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to season
- sour cream
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- Toss 8 small free-range chicken legs in 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour until coated.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning until golden. Place in a 3.5-litre crockpot.
- Add 200g bacon rashers, rind removed and cut into 2cm cubes, 500g button mushrooms, halved, 1 onion, chopped, and 2 garlic cloves, crushed, to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add to the crockpot with 800g can diced tomatoes and 140g container tomato paste.
- Cook, covered, on Low for 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and scattered with chopped continental parsley.