Recipe by ~Nimz~
I recently made chef #157425 wonderful Chicken & Corn Chowder and it is the base for this version. We loved the spicy flavors of the Rotel and the smoky taste of the cheese. Using the Green Giant brand, the whole kernel corn turned out slightly crisp but cooked through, which is what we were looking for. This is also a quick weeknight meal to put together for your family.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (Rotisserie chicken works well)
- 2 (11 ounce) cansyellow and white sweet whole kernel corn (Green Giant)
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn (Green Giant)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- In a small bowl, mix soup and broth together until smooth.
- Add soup mixture, Rotel, corn, bacon and chicken to the vegetables and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add milk and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the cheese and lots of fresh ground pepper to taste and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with cornbread or fresh hot dinner rolls and a salad.