Recipe by cookiedog
Great flavor combination. You can substitute fresh tomatoes in place of the roasted red peppers in the summer. Recipe is adapted from Sunset Dec. 2007
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices crusty white bread, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup Roquefort cheese or 1⁄4 cup other soft blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (thick stem ends removed)
- 8 -10 ounces meat from 1 whole rotisserie-cooked chicken, sliced
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 avocado, cut into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, cook bacon, turning often, until just crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic. Spread this mixture on 4 toast pieces. On each of the remaining 4 toasts, spread about 1 tablespoons blue cheese.
- Layer each blue cheese–topped toast with a piece of lettuce, 1/4 of the chicken slices, 2 red peppers, slices of avocado, and a slice of bacon. Top each with a mayonnaise-spread toast. Cut sandwiches in half and skewer each half with a toothpick to help hold it together.