Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great flavor combination. You can substitute fresh tomatoes in place of the roasted red peppers in the summer. Recipe is adapted from Sunset Dec. 2007
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices crusty white bread, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup Roquefort cheese or 1⁄4 cup other soft blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (thick stem ends removed)
- 8 -10 ounces meat from 1 whole rotisserie-cooked chicken, sliced
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 avocado, cut into thin slices
- In a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, cook bacon, turning often, until just crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic. Spread this mixture on 4 toast pieces. On each of the remaining 4 toasts, spread about 1 tablespoons blue cheese.
- Layer each blue cheese–topped toast with a piece of lettuce, 1/4 of the chicken slices, 2 red peppers, slices of avocado, and a slice of bacon. Top each with a mayonnaise-spread toast. Cut sandwiches in half and skewer each half with a toothpick to help hold it together.
Tasty and healthy sandwiches that called for ingredients I had on hand (and needed to use up). Husband and I both liked them and will make them again.