Recipe by An_Net
A very simple and delicious salad than can be used as a lunch or dinner. A meal in itself. Can use any seasoning for chicken- Tandori is my personal choice. Can also be made in individual bowls instead of one bowl and then served- this way you can custom make salad to suit individual, eg. hubby doesn't like avocado.
Top Review by **Mandy**
A great blend of salty & tangy, I really enjoyed this for my dinner. I cheated a little & just used some store-bought rotisserie chicken, I also added some red onion & a sprinkle of lemon pepper.Mmmm delish!
- 2 (350 g) chicken breast fillets (350g each)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, rashes
- 2 roma tomatoes
- mixed salad green
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 50 g shaved parmesan cheese
- seasoning, of choice (I use Masterfoods Tandori)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken on both sides. Heat oil in frying pan and cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked.
- Cook bacon in same pan for 4 minutes or until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Gently toss tomato, lettuce, avocado and bacon together in bowl.
- Cut chicken on the diagonal side into thin slices, then add to salad.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over salad and toss again. Garnish with Parmesan and serve immediately.