1/1 Photo of Chicken Avocado Tostadas
I first made these when trying to follow a dairy-free, gluten-free diet. The shells are corn (no wheat) and the avocado is meant to replace the cheese on traditional tostadas, but I still love these even now that I'm back to a "normal" diet because they taste so good. The flavor comes mostly from the base foods, so some people might find this bland and you may need to find a way to spice it up a bit, perhaps some hot taco sauce or some jalapeno slices. Also, I always cook for one, so that's what the recipe calls for (easily multiplied, however). These are great for lunch with a side of fresh, ripe fruit. P.S. Measurements are approximate, I'm an "eyeballer."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the honey in a skillet, just until it starts melting a bit - do not let it burn.
- 2Stir in the cooked chicken pieces and sprinkle on black pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste. Remove from heat and cover with lid to keep warm.
- 3Toast tostada shells in toaster oven until lightly browned (keep a close eye on, these will burn quickly).
- 4Spread refried beans onto shells, then top with the chicken and avocado.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Avocado Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.4
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 450.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: