Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is posted in response to a request. A lightly flavored chicken broth with chunks of avocado, tomato, onion and shredded chicken.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 avocados
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onions and garlic for 1 minute. Carefully add in the broth, oregano and the chicken. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Place shredded chicken back in pot.
- Chop up the cilantro, tomato and avocado and add to soup. Let the soup sit for 10 mintues before serving.