Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on a bed of lettuce or wrapped in a tortilla. Best if allowed to chill for awhile before serving.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Hass avocado, peeld, pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Gently stir to mix evenly.
This is a great summer salad recipe-very fresh! I substituted a red onion for the regular onion to add a bit more bite, and used an orange pepper instead of a green one. I love avocado and chicken combos so this is definitely a keeper!
So yummy! I left out the green bell pepper and cut the recipe in half. I used light miracle whip. Thanks for sharing -- it was great!!
I knew that I couldn't go wrong when I saw a chicken salad recipe with avocado. I really loved the combination of flavors. The fresh cilantro really added so much too. I followed the recipe exactly other than leaving out the green pepper (just don't like it) and going a little heavy on the onion (vidalia) and cilantro. Yum!