Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a super recipe to use up left over chicken!
Make and share this Chicken-Avocado Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell peppers or 1 cup orange bell pepper
- 8 spring onions, sliced thin
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped small
- 3⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled pitted and chopped small
- Cook pasta in boiling water until done, around 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Drizzle olive oil over pasta and toss.
- Mix in the chicken, peppers, onions, celery, apple and almonds.
- Toss well.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, paprika and cumin.
- Toss with the pasta mixture.
- Gently fold in the avocado and serve.