1/1 Photo of Chicken Avocado Melt
This recipe combines some of my favorites! Chicken, avocado, monterey jack cheese, and green onions! This makes some great baked chicken. Just make sure you pound your chicken breasts so they are an even thickness so it all gets done at one time. My grocery store sells chicken breasts cut thinly that I like to use for this and eliminate the pounding. :) I also like to eat these on sandwiches, and add the toppings to the sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 avocado, ripe, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper. Flatten them to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- 2Combine the cornstarch, cumin, and garlic salt in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 3Combine the beaten egg and water in a small bowl, stirring well. Place the cornmeal in a shallow plate. Dredge the chicken in the cornstarch mixture; dip in the egg mixture, and then dredge in the cornmeal.
- 4Saute the chicken in oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- 5Arrange the avocado slices over the chicken, and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the chicken is done. Top with sour cream, green onions, and sweet red pepper. Garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Avocado Melt
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.1
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 323.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 29.9 g