Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
- 113.39 g canola oil
- 118.29 ml finely minced red onion
- 29.58 ml minced ginger
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml bamboo shoot
- 473.18 ml chopped chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml julienned napa cabbage
- 236.59 ml julienned green cabbage
- 118.29 ml bean sprouts
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 59.14 ml finely minced red bell pepper
- 0 finely chopped celery
- 946.36 ml rice bran oil or 946.36 ml vegetable oil
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 2 avocados, sliced into 24 pieces strips
- 236.59 ml egg wash
- In a saute pan with high heat add canola oil, and red onions. Saute until translucent then add ginger, garlic, bamboo shoots and chicken, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Deglaze pan with soy sauce. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- In medium mixing bowl combine cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, peppers, celery and chicken mixture.
- In medium saucepan, heat rice bran oil to 350 degrees F. Oil needs to be deep enough to keep egg roll from touching bottom of pan. Add accordingly.
- To roll egg rolls, layout egg roll skin with corner facing you, place approximately 1/12th of mixture on roll and place 2 pieces of avocado on top of mixture. Fold corner over mixture, and then fold outside corners in, making a roll a 4 to 5-inch wide. Roll firmly, careful to not tear wrapper, and seal the final end with egg wash.
- Dredge the egg roll in egg wash, allow excess to drain off and submerge egg roll in oil. Fry until golden brown, drain on paper towel on angle to allow oil to drain off.