Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I made this recently more than once, it is absolutely fantastic! The dressing needs to chill for 1 hour before using.
- 1⁄2 cup purchased poppy seed dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado (cut into about 3/4-inch to 1-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- In a bowl whisk together the poppy seed dressing with the mayonnaise until blended add in sugar if desired. Chill dressing for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In a large glass bowl toss together chicken, celery, sliced strawberries, avocado, red onion slices, almonds and mixed greens.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Garnish the inside edges of the bowl with avocado slices and strawberries if desired.
- Serve immediately.
This is an absolutely eye popping and delicious salad. I didn't have the poppy seed dressing and for preference only used "Sesame Seed Salad Dressing". I also omitted the slivered almonds only because I didn't have any on hand. I'm a huge salad fan and always looking for something different and unique and this one will be served time and time again. Thanks for a great recipe