Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This makes a great lunch or dinner salad for four. Easy to throw together if you begin with leftover chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in skillet, turning once, until juices run clear (about 12 minutes).
- Slice into thin strips and place in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together salt and pepper, garlic and vinegar.
- Slowly whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Stir in shallots, tomatoes, and basil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the dressing over chicken and toss to coat.
- Toss spinach with remaining dressing and divide among 4 serving plates; top evenly with chicken and avocado slices.
A great salad; simple, tastes lovely and is takes almost no time at all to make. It looked really nice and colorful. Thanks!
A fabulous salad and very quick and easy if you use a rotisserie chicken! We actually tossed this in one bowl and then served. Beautiful presentation and a perfect 10 on flavor!
A great, simple salad with fantastic taste! The dressing for it is out of this world! I used leftover rotisserie chicken, 2 garlic cloves and half of a shallot because the one I had was very big. Did I mention the dressing is so, so good? ;) It was a perfect compliment to the chicken, spinach and avocado. Thanks for sharing this wonderful salad recipe, Bev!