Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple and delicious dish. If you like avacados then you can't go past this recipe!!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 2 teaspoons pickled peppercorns
- 60 g butter
- 2 -3 avocados
- 200 -250 g button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups cream
- 4 egg yolks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Poach the chicken breasts, in the white wine, (3 at a time) and add more white wine if necessary when you cook the next 3 fillets.
- When cooked, keep the chicken warm in a casserole dish.
- Add the chopped spring onion, peppercorns and button mushrooms to the remaining wine liquid in the pan and cook until the liquid has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Remove the cooked mushrooms and add them to the warm chicken breasts.
- Peel and slice the avacados.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the avacado slices, tossing gently to warm through.
- Remove the avacado slices (with a slotted spoon), and put in the casserole dish with the chicken.
- Warm the brandy and add to the remaining butter.
- When the flames subside, add the cream and heat to just below boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Add beaten egg YOLKS, then the spring onion, peppercorns and reduced wine liquid.
- Gently combine all ingredients well and pour over the warm chicken and avacado.
- Bake at 200'C (400'F) for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with buttered noodles!