Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple and delicious dish. If you like avacados then you can't go past this recipe!!
Make and share this Chicken Avocado And Mushroom In White Wine And Brandy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Poach the chicken breasts, in the white wine, (3 at a time) and add more white wine if necessary when you cook the next 3 fillets.
- When cooked, keep the chicken warm in a casserole dish.
- Add the chopped spring onion, peppercorns and button mushrooms to the remaining wine liquid in the pan and cook until the liquid has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Remove the cooked mushrooms and add them to the warm chicken breasts.
- Peel and slice the avacados.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the avacado slices, tossing gently to warm through.
- Remove the avacado slices (with a slotted spoon), and put in the casserole dish with the chicken.
- Warm the brandy and add to the remaining butter.
- When the flames subside, add the cream and heat to just below boiling point.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Add beaten egg YOLKS, then the spring onion, peppercorns and reduced wine liquid.
- Gently combine all ingredients well and pour over the warm chicken and avacado.
- Bake at 200'C (400'F) for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with buttered noodles!