This is a yummy salad that's one of my favorites.
Make and share this Chicken, Avocado and Mandarin Orange Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens (I like the butter lettuce mix or the romaine mix)
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, well-drained
- 6 ounces of cooked and sliced chicken breasts
- 2 very thin slices red onions, cut in half and sliced into crescents
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup of bottled light Italian dressing or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks (I use Haas avocados, the dark-skinned avocados, but California avocados could also be used)
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens, mandarin oranges, chicken, onion and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing and 1/2 cup avocado cubes. Mash and blend into dressing. Add remaining avocado cubes and dressing to salad. Toss and serve.
* Reviewed for Aussie Forum Recipe Swap Aug 2010 * Totally delicious salad that is now my new favourite salad recipe. I used a salanova lettuce and reed avocado. My whole family loved this salad....in fact my kids want to give you 10 stars from 5. Photo also to be posted.