Recipe by Chef jessica
A south of the border salad that take very little time to make. This came from my local news paper many years ago.
Top Review by HoosierBuckeye
This was a quick and yummy supper that I prepared just as written. I served it on spinach and used the homemade Italian dressing, as another suggested. There will be plenty left for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for posting this!
- 2 avocados, fully ripe
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery or 1 cup jicama, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄3 cup mild feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- lettuce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pit avocados and dice one; then slice the other.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine diced avocado, beans, chicken, celery/jicama, feta, cilantro and 2 tbsp dressing.
- Spoon onto 4 plates lined with lettuce. Top with 1/4 of sliced avocado, then drizzle with remaining dressing.