Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from a food blog called "Kevin and Amanda" and it sounds fabulous! This recipes makes 4 quesadillas.
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 1 lb chicken, cut into little bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, diced
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Fry bacon in a pan until crisp. Remove, cool and crumble but be sure to save 1/2 Tbsp drippings.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of the bacon drippings to a skillet over medium heat and add the scallions and saute about 2-3 mins until softened.
- Add the chicken in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 mins or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and scallions to a plate and rinse out the skillet.
- In the clean skillet, add 1/2 tbsp butter and put over medium heat.
- When the butter is bubbly, add a tortilla and swirl it around to get it buttery.
- Layer one side of the tortilla with chicken, bacon, avocado, and a little cheese.
- Use tongs or a spatula to flip the other half of the tortilla over and press down.
- Cook the tortilla for about 1-2 mins on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, adding a little more butter for each tortilla as needed.