Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb button mushroom, stems discarded and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen pearl onions, defrosted
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Heat a big skillet over med-high heat with 2 tablespoons oil; add in the mushrooms and brown for 4 minutes.
- Add in thyme, garlic, chicken, salt, and pepper; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in pearl onions; cook 1 minute; add in the chicken broth and cream; cook 5 minutes.
- Add in peas, parsley, and lemon zest; toss to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and cheese; transfer chicken mixture to a baking dish; sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top.
- Dot the topping with cold butter pieces; place under the broiler and brown 1-3 minutes.
- Serve with a simple green salad tossed together with lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.