Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Unique Greek style chicken with tasty walnuts and feta inside.
- 6 chicken breasts, skin on
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
For Tomato Glaze
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 16 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- parsley (to garnish)
- Make a slit in each chicken breast making a small pocket.
- Mix Feta cheese, parsley and walnuts, putting approximately 1 tablespoon of this mixture inside each pocket. Seal each pocket.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper and dredge each chicken breast in flour.
- Mix eggs and milk together and drip chicken in this. Then dredge again in flour.
- Heat olive oil and butter in heavy skillet and Cook the chicken in the skillet.
- Then mix all ingredients for tomato sauce in 4 tablespoons olive oil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Pour this tomato sauce over top of chicken and serve over rice.