Recipe by Manami
Lovely and delicious! Pair with orzo, couscous or brown rice with sliced tomato & purple onions. EatingWell Magazine, 06/07.
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup organic reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1 1/4 lbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, add 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus; cover and steam 3 minutes,.
- Uncover; remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk broth and 2 teaspoons flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge both sides in the flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown 3-4 minutes per side, adjusting heat as needed to prevent scorching.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add shallot, wine and the reserved broth mixture to the pan; cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low stir in sour cream, tarragon, lemon juice and the reserved asparagus until combined.
- Return the chiken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each piece of chicken, cover and continue cooking until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.