Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this from a recipe I saw on one of Jamie Olivers TV shows - it is so simple yet the flavours are beautiful !!
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1/3rds (or more if you like them)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- couscous, to serve
- Heat oil and butter in large frypan, then add chicken pieces and cook until golden.
- Throw in the bacon, olives (cut up if you wish), asparagus and 3/4 cup of the tomatoes. Cook until chicken is tender and bacon is crisp.
- Pour in the chicken stock and remaining tomatoes and cook until stock has formed a slightly thickened sauce.(Note, some or all of the chicken stock can be replaced with wine if preferred).
- Place frypan in middle of table, along with big bowl of cous cous and let people dig in!
This is a wonderful spring dish! Very colorful and the flavors are great. My family loved the change of pace from rice to cous cous.
This is really good. Cooking times would have been helpful, so just play it by ear!
My husband loved this recipe and wants me to make it again!