Recipe by Jacqui from Oz
I adapted this from a recipe I saw on one of Jamie Olivers TV shows - it is so simple yet the flavours are beautiful !!
- 2 chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1/3rds (or more if you like them)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- couscous, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in large frypan, then add chicken pieces and cook until golden.
- Throw in the bacon, olives (cut up if you wish), asparagus and 3/4 cup of the tomatoes. Cook until chicken is tender and bacon is crisp.
- Pour in the chicken stock and remaining tomatoes and cook until stock has formed a slightly thickened sauce.(Note, some or all of the chicken stock can be replaced with wine if preferred).
- Place frypan in middle of table, along with big bowl of cous cous and let people dig in!