Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Knorr's website. I have not tried this yet, but it is on this week's menu. Sounds yummy but I may use fresh spinach instead of asparagus depending on what looks best at the produce stand.
- 2 tablespoons margarine (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spread)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 8 5⁄8 ounces fettuccine alfredo Pasta Roni (two 4.3-Ounce packages Knorr Pasta Alfredo Sides)
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and blanched (about 1/2 lb.)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes, turning once.
- Remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and cook onion until tender, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and milk and bring to a boil.
- Stir in Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Alfredo and continue boiling until pasta is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet, then evenly top with asparagus and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and freshly grated black pepper.