Recipe by ChipotleChick
Simple and flavorful soup! From 'Ultimate Recipes- Low Fat.'
Top Review by breezermom
This soup is very good. The mix of the dill and tarragon create a delicious flavor. I might reduce the amount of vermicelli next time, and add some diced carrots for additional color. Made for Bargain Basement tag! Thanks for sharing.
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 3 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup vermicelli rice noodles
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, shredded fine
- 1 small leek, cleaned thoroughly and shredded fine
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour broth or stock and wine in a large saucepan and bring to boiling.
- Wash herbs and tie in a bundle. Add to the saucepan. Add the whole garlic clove as well as asparagus and noodles. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, salt, and white pepper. Remove the herbs and garlic from the pan and throw away. Ladel the soup into bowls and sprinkle leeks on top. Serve.