Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and flavorful soup! From 'Ultimate Recipes- Low Fat.'
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth or 3 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup vermicelli rice noodles
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, shredded fine
- 1 small leek, cleaned thoroughly and shredded fine
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- Pour broth or stock and wine in a large saucepan and bring to boiling.
- Wash herbs and tie in a bundle. Add to the saucepan. Add the whole garlic clove as well as asparagus and noodles. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, salt, and white pepper. Remove the herbs and garlic from the pan and throw away. Ladel the soup into bowls and sprinkle leeks on top. Serve.
This soup is very good. The mix of the dill and tarragon create a delicious flavor. I might reduce the amount of vermicelli next time, and add some diced carrots for additional color. Made for Bargain Basement tag! Thanks for sharing.