Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Woman's Day, April 18 2006. When I made this, I doubled the sauce, added a dash of ceyenne pepper, and served it over rice.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut bite-size
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, spears cut bite-size
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Mix 2 Tbsp flour and the salt and pepper in a ziptop bag.
- Add chicken; shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken; sauté 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- In a cup, mix remaining flour, the broth and garlic.
- Add asparagus to skillet and sauté 1 minute until bright green.
- Stir chicken broth mixture, add to pan and cook 1 minute until thickened slightly and asparagus are tender.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes; remove from heat.
- Stir in scallions and dill.