A Japanese recipe for springtime from The Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken horizontally into 1/22-inch thick pieces. Place chicken in a small saucepan; sprinkle with 1 tsp sake and 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2Add 1 cup water to chicken; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain chicken, reserving 1 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Cool completely.
- 3Heat remaining 2 cups water and 1/4 tsp salt to boiling in medium saucepan; add asparagus. Reduce heat to medium, cook 3-5 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus and cool completely.
- 4Cut lemon rind into 1/16-inch strips; reserve. Break chicken into 1/2 X 1 inch strips. Combine chicken and asparagus in a medium bowl.
- 5Place reserved cooking liquid, remaining 1 tablespoon sake, the soy sauce, and mustard in a small bowl; mix well. Pour mixture over chicken and asparagus; toss lightly to coat. Divide mixture evenly in 4 small bowls and sprinkle with lemon strips.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Asparagus Salad (Tori Karashi-Ae)
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 1235.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: